Navigation

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Brass monkeys in BK

Back from India and suffering jetlag and huge weather-related re-acclimatisation issues. Going from 30 degrees to minus 5 is not nice and the wind is blowing hard adding to my woes. The winter seems to have continued harsh in my absence and I even missed a good blow which brought a few seabirds in. Have not missed anything major though, so all is well. No sign of this wretched weather bringing anything tasty to us yet but there is still time for that snowy owl.

Yesterday I checked out Båstad briefly and found a flock of 35 whooper swans in residence but nothing else of note. Today the kids and I checked out Ranarpsstrand for half an hour, which was about as long as we could last in the bitter SE wind that was blowing. Nothing doing here either with just 17 wigeon and three greylag of note.

No comments:

Post a Comment