Navigation

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Late purp

Pretty busy day but I managed an hour of birding at each end of the day. An hour at Torekov rev in the morning was fairly quiet, the little ringed plover pair remains and out on the furthest point of the reef was a single purple sandpiper (my latest BK bird by four days). I ducked into the wood briefly before heading off to immerse myself in the liquid singing of a couple of garden warblers and enjoy the effort of the wood warblers.

Håkan rang in the afternoon to tell me about a nice double at Hasslarp - pectoral sandpiper and Mediterranean gull, both found by Mikael Olofsson I think. Perversely it made me head for Klarningen, well you never know! Klarningen was rather quiet though, very few duck present but one of them was a male garganey. Otherwise just two greenshank, four wood sandpipers and two redshank.

No comments:

Post a Comment