Navigation

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

He's back

Not been feeling too well lately, but things are slowly looking up. Since my last blog I have had very few opportunities to get in the field but recorded my first mistle thrushes of the year on the 8th (two in the garden), heard my first green woodpecker of the year on the 10th (garden again), and coot were back on the pools at Lindab on the 16th. On the 18th we got out of the house briefly for a walk between Vejbystrand and Stora Hult. This produced the first ringed plover (1) of the year and later that night we had a crane calling just over the house lost in the fog.

Today I had a quick look at Klarningen in the morning, still plenty of water and good numbers of birds including three BK year-ticks for me. Wildfowl provided most of the interest with 27 white-fronted geese, four barnacles, a male shoveler (first for BK this year) and a pair of gadwall. Also 26 wigeon and just over 80 teal present too. Driving away I picked up a pair of ringed plovers in the fields and from the E6 and just inside BK a pair of curlew.

On the way home later stopped briefly to admire a pair of cranes, the fields here also held at least six mistle thrushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment