Navigation

Monday, March 17, 2014

ross' gull goes past!

I elected to be a good boy today and collect some firewood from the nearby workshop despite the reasonable sea-watching conditions. As I trundled my loads down the hill to the house I was happily oblivious of the adult Ross' gull that was passing BK under the eagle-eye of Nils Kjellén. Rats!

When the news went out I was fairly cool about it but decided to get down to Torekov after I had finished my work and see if the bird had stopped off at the rev. With the dinner slow-cooking in the oven and the kids picked up we headed out to Torekov to see what we could find. No sign of the Ross' - that would have been too good! But we did find the first BK redshank of the year and at least 17 purple sandpipers. 

Driving home we found a curlew wandering the field son the outskirts of the village, year-tick number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment