Navigation

Friday, May 15, 2015

failed twitch - UK DK (20150511)

With a trip to the home country on the cards, the news the day before I left that the UK's second citril finch had pitched up in Holkham Pines caused a sense of twitchy excitement. Flying in and shooting straight out to pick up Ed Parnell, we headed up to check the site, knowing that the bird had only been seen early morning and not shown since. We arrived well after lunch and had a look along the edge of the pines but did not hold out much hope. Eventually we called it a day and headed for some nearby dotterel. I will draw a veil over the birding abilities I displayed here but I learnt a lot about what flying dotterel look like low, at range and in harsh light. Hopefully this will stand me in good stead at some point as I still have to find this species in BK...

No comments:

Post a Comment