Navigation

Saturday, May 5, 2012

doh!

Had a couple of hours birding in the morning but critically missed dawn and thus a unbeknownst to me a brace of pomarine skuas, arriving at Eskilstorpsstrand just after the skuas had passed. There was (as usual) little to indicate potential on the sea-watching front apart from a fairly decent westerly wind. Red-throated divers were up in the air, contemplating migration, but I only logged about 50 this morning.

Moving to a more sheltered spot I tried Kattvik hamn for an hour, picking up a gannet on arrival but then struggling to add to it in any meaningful way.  I missed a Manx shearwater reported nearby at Hovs Hallar though! Not the best session of my career!

Later whilst Mrs B were down in Helsingborg shopping I tried for the glaucous gull at Kropp but the heat-haze and wind were awful and I dipped. We did get a male red-backed shrike though on the way home at Vantinge as a slight consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment