Navigation

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Strumpshaw with Ed

Last orders. It's getting perilously close to the end of the Norfolk hawker (Aeshna isoceles) flight-season now in the UK but that did not stop Ed and I connecting with an obliging individual at Strumpshaw Fen this afternoon. A classy Odo.

Had a wander around Strumpshaw Fen this afternoon with my mate Ed Parnell. We spent a lot of time chatting, found an obliging Norfolk hawker and Ed show-cased his Nikon P510, a totally awesome bridge camera. I am still struggling to get the best out of my dslr and I think the 180mm macro really needs to be twinned with a tripod to get the best results. It's a steep learning curve and the added pressure of trying to identify all the invertebrates is exhausting me!

Birds were rather quiet during the walk but the muddy margins produced a couple of common sandpipers, a green sandpiper and we heard a greenshank.


1 comment:

  1. That is a rare dragon in France and I won't see it in my area!
    Well done!
    Your photography is excellent!

    ReplyDelete