Navigation

Monday, August 19, 2013

little stint

With the kids back at school I took the opportunity to visit Klarningen this morning. Leif K and his wife were already on site and reported a hunting white-tailed eagle which sadly failed to reappear during my 80 minute watch. Plenty going on though with water-levels up nicely, teal (300) have responded nicely, but the only other notable ducks I could find were single garganey and shoveler. Waders are also present in good numbers but accurate counts are difficult as usual but included at least eight ruff, eight wood sandpipers, six greenshank and one dunlin. A calling black woodpecker was notable, individuals of this species often disperse in August and wander widely. Eventually Mats turned up and told me he had just found a little stint at Torekov and so off I went.

Arriving at Torekov rev I was soon looking through a nice selection of autumn waders and eventually found a very elusive little stint. Also present were grey plover (2), redshank (9), bar-tailed godwit (4), dunlin (8), curlew sandpiper (1), knot (4), ruff (1) and turnstone (4). Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment