Navigation

Friday, January 2, 2015

January seawatch

A scattering of kittiwake through Båstad today but nothing compared to the numbers logged by observers on the west coast of BK.

Gale-force westerlies! With the car on the blink I got a late lift for some seawatching at Båstad and came home on the bus later. This worked quite well although I was on my own so had to find everything myself but probably missed a pomarine skua as a result. With no car I could not be anywhere else really so could not grumble. It was rather slow seawatch (typical for January) but it being the New Year everything was shiny and new. Birds through included; great northern diver (1), Slavonian grebe (7), little gull (3), kittiwake (12) and guillemot (1). In the harbour were kingfisher (1) and coot (26). Offshore I enjoyed the scaup (55) and long-tailed duck (4).

No comments:

Post a Comment