Navigation

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Birding - 01/09/09

Before my rendezvous with yet more paint, I spent half an hour checking out the hedgerows at the back of the house. Bumped into a feeding flock that contained a number of migrants fattening up before the big flight. Nice to see redstart (3), spotted flycatcher (1), blackcap (1) and whitethroat (1).

After my evening Swedish lesson I headed over to Klarningen and had a good walk round. As I arrived I flushed a 1K goshawk which flew and perched up for scope views. A number of migrants were apparent with greenshank (1), redshank (2), common sandpiper (3), swift (3), fieldfare (13), yellow wagtail (35) and tree pipit (5). A single adult little grebe was a surprise, 40 teal skulking up one of the overgrown channels were less so.

No comments:

Post a Comment