Navigation

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Walking it off - 07/03/10

Klarningen got a new windpump whilst I was away.

More fresh air and exercise to keep the demons at bay for me today. Whilst the team went swimming I did a big walk from Klarningen to Båstad. The track to Klarningen is passable now, but Mrs B dropped me by the road and I walked in. Six taiga bean geese rested in the field on the way in, stuff is on the move. Also here my first patch rough-legged buzzards of the year, two young birds (photos below), lapwing (10), skylark (8) and treecreeper (1).

Walked the river past Eskilstorpsdammar. Long range viewing of the site produced whooper swan (7), greylag goose (60) and a flock of at least 16 stock dove. The crow trap had at least two buzzards in it, I wonder what will happen to them? Nearing Eskilstorp I was surprised to see a female smew on the ice before it flew downriver. Trudging on to Petersberg across the fields I was rewarded with a grey wagtail and a singing green woodpecker. Mrs B picked me up on her way through and we stopped just once in Båstad, for a flock of 19 waxwing.

3K rough-legged buzzard, probably male. Mewing away and interacting with the other bird present on site.

2K rough-legged buzzard.

No comments:

Post a Comment