Navigation

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Birding - 15/05/10

Horrible wet weather early on but out I went. Tried Gröthögarna again. More thrush nightingales in with four heard. Barnacle geese were on the move, 300 passed inland during my walk. The spotted redshanks from the other day were still present. At the point I stopped to check out migration, a little bit passing, ie a good day to sit and watch! I had a nice group of 15 red-throated divers go by that included a nice black-throated. Would have been good to stay but I had to get back.

It really started to rain after breakfast but we suited up and headed out. We recce'd a few far-flung bits of BK. I think I may have finally driven all the roads... Off-patch we tried for dipper at Benmöllan, no idea if they breed there but it looks good habitat. We had singing wood warbler, grey wagtail (1) and both pied and spotted flycatchers.

Leaving the kids with their grand-parents, Mrs B and I headed out to Sandön and Rönnen. Sandön was quiet (high water levels), although on the way back careful examination of the north side of the island revealed some godwits (1 bar-tail and four black-tailed) and 15 dunlin flew by. Rönnen was slightly better with five Temminck's stints, five ruff and a couple fo wood sandpipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment