Navigation

Monday, June 7, 2010

Clear morning, rainy day

You don't see this everyday at Klarningen. Hatching oystercatchers, one out, one half-way and the other chipping. Superb. I hurried on my way and the adult soon came back to brood them.

With rain forecast for the best part of the day I dragged myself out for a pre-breakfast look at Klarningen whilst it was dry. Wader passage has definately reversed now and the failed breeders and successful local breeders are making their way back to Klarningen. A single spotted redshank and four green sandpipers joined the breeding waders this morning. I also had my first shoveler (pair) for the site. Four teal were on nearby Eskilstorpsdammar.

The rain came down at breakfast and it stayed wet all day. Got the team onto the beach at Ängelholm in the afternoon for a wet walk and we saw just one goosander.

No comments:

Post a Comment