Navigation

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scratching about

With Number 2 off her food and slightly feverish yesterday, it was time to take things easy. We did head out in the afternoon though and squeezed in half an hour at Sandön before some shopping. Sandön was quiet with oystercatcher (1), dunlin (2), snipe (4) and bar-tailed godwit (5).

I nipped out for the last couple of hours of the day on my own. Tried Klarningen, forgetting that the sun would be right in my eyes. Couldn't use the tower anyway because of the ongoing work, so went for walk. Water levels have gone up again since my last visit and are starting to look respectable. The birds like it too with the following counted; barnacle goose (40), wigeon (94), ruff (33), snipe (12) and best of all a late spotted redshank (my first this month). A few passerines knocking about including a lone brambling, 15 skylark and seven fieldfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment