Navigation

Monday, April 18, 2011

Bracketed!

BK has had good birds just to the north (Mediterranean gull and hoopoe) and south (black scoter) recently and it has made me somewhat despondent. I suppose spring has only just got underway though and I have found a pied wagtail...

This morning the kids and I headed over round Älemossen to Klarningen. Near Älemossen we heard our first willow warbler of the year. Klarningen was quiet with the usual suspects still around; mute swan (pair), wigeon (15), teal (50), shoveler (pair), oystercatcher (2 pairs), little ringed plover (1), ringed plover (4), ruff (male), curlew (3) and redshank (6). On the way home we stopped for a listen and parked right beside a female black woodpecker - superb views and bird of the day.

In the evening I nipped out for an hour at Ranarpsstrand. Nothing moving, but on the rocks and sea were six gadwall, curlew (2), redshank (4) and Sandwich tern (2).

No comments:

Post a Comment