Navigation

Friday, April 15, 2011

Mammal mayhem

I failed to mention earlier in the year that there was a lynx in Bjäre (I did not want to jinx the lynx...), it was seen by at least one birder just a couple of miles from my house. It may still be around. Now we have a wolf doing the rounds and it looks like it is coming through this way. Would be nice.

I had the mid-afternoon in the field walking between Ripagården and Hovs Hallar. It was very quiet, I was constantly accompanied by linnet, goldfinch and white wagtails which was nice but I was rather hoping for a ring ouzel.

Meanwhile offpatch at Norra Häljaröd a black scoter was found and showed well for a while... Will it behave at the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil,

    Wow! Lynx AND Wolf.. nice. Hope you catch up with at least one of them...

    T

    ReplyDelete