Navigation

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Seawatch Part 1

The remnants of hurricane Katia struck today and I was out at Eskilstorpsstrand after breakfast for a 5.5 hour session. It was still early days though, despite a very strong SW wind, the birds did not get down south to us before I had to leave. Finger crossed for tomorrow though. It was rather slow but the following was notable; golden plover (1), grey plover (2), knot (21), sanderling (6), dunlin (36), ruff (1), Arctc skua (two adults chasing Sandwich terns), Arctic tern (1) and guillemot (9). A swift heading south was my latest in BK but a long way from the record books!

A gang of five sanderling kept me amused.

Two knot fed on the beach and another 19 were counted going south during the session.

Picking up the kids I found a sheltered spot in Förslöv which had three spotted flycatchers and a pied flycatcher. The latter the latest ever in BK.

No comments:

Post a Comment