Navigation

Sunday, September 16, 2012

better than nothing

Despite good seawatching conditions at a great time of year I could only put in three hours at the beginning of the day yesterday. I spent my time at Båstad for a change. Winds were a little too light and not much came past close during the session. In these  lighter westerlies, things pop up at different locations and getting everything from one spot is difficult. I plugged away amazed by the steady passage of guillemots in a thin stream, had a couple of long-tailed skuas and enjoyed the small flock of six 1K little gulls feeding just offshore. A merlin stormed south and at least two marsh harriers came in-off. Needless to say things got much better after I left but I thankfully did not miss anything major!

No comments:

Post a Comment