Navigation

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birding - 23/03/09 - St. Lucia

The rather dull black-faced grassquit

An hour's birding after dawn in the garden produced more of the same, plus a single purple-throated carib and a scattering of black-faced grassquit (overlooked yesterday?). At lunch a magnificient frigatebird nonchalently cruised the coastline heading south. Afterwards headed into town to check out the two bookshops (nothing), walked back up the hill to the hotel and checked out the forest patch just beyond it. Here in short order I found my first black-whiskered vireo and a beautiful bare-eyed thrush popped up briefly to have a look at me. A Tramea was flying over my room when I got back, but no sign of any clean, freshwater habitat around the hotel sadly. Finally a quick walk about before dusk produced my first grey trembler - a striking bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment