Navigation

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

India update

Just a quick update, they are running the generator especially for me in the middle of the day...

Nearly done in India and it has been a monster of a tour. Kicked off at Sasan Gir for the lions and we were not disappointed with some quality time with a pride of 7-8 animals. The big bonus came in the form of two brief leopard sightings and a cosmic male white-bellied minivet (a tick for me).

Next stop was the Little Rann of Kutch, always good for birds, we enjoyed great views of McQueen's bustard, hoopoe lark, desert warbler, Syke's nightjar and more. Photographs to follow I hope. The icing on the cake though was an excellent encounter with a lone wolf out on the pan.

Currently at Kanha and the first two days produced four tigers, one of which was the most photo-suitable of my career to date. I wish I could post photos now, but fear I would die of dehydration in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment