Navigation

Saturday, April 21, 2012

SEO

My fourth BK short-eared owl turned up this morning on Gröthögarna and showed well. My best views for a long time.

Nipped out for a three-hour spell on Gröthögarna this morning. I was hoping for a few migrants, tree pipit and pied flycatcher would have been nice but it was not to be. Rather quiet instead, though I was greeted by at least four blackcap at the Norra Ängalag car park when I arrived. Otherwise it was cold and grey and few birds were singing. A short-eared owl put in an appearance though, always good value, a few green sandpipers were dotted about and there was a single common sandpiper at Dalen. On the way back I found my latest ever great grey shrike.

Meanwhile the big news here in Sweden today was the finding and subsequent mass twitch of the country's second black-shouldered kite. This bird was seen exiting Denmark on Wednesday. A great find by a committed patch-worker.

Not for me though, instead I managed 15 minutes at dusk at Klarningen on the way back from a swimming party. In the gloom I could make out the male garganey, the three pintail and at least nine shoveler. My first fluffy greylag goslings were strutting about too.

Also my latest great grey shrike this morning. It felt more like winter than spring early on...

No comments:

Post a Comment