Navigation

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

busy morning

The wind went south overnight and today's session was a stark contrast to yesterday's. I got seven year-ticks! First up was a roadside flock of swans near Grevie kyrkby; 18 whoopers and three Bewick's. I motored up to Påarps mal happy with my first year-tick but the fun continued. Forty minutes of watching here produced ten bean geese north and as I was leaving two stock dove flew by. Also here a water pipit that was starting to colour up.

The sewage works finally produced lapwing (6) for my BK year-list and the goose action continued with four rather distant white-fronted geese. The rev was the next stop, the small patch of sand here produced a solo ringed plover, another first for the year. I checked Flytermossen but it was quiet and then looked in on Norra Ängalag (ditto). Driving home though I spotted eight waxwing in Ängalag - my first since mid-December and always a pleasure to see. A great morning in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment