Navigation

Monday, December 9, 2013

feeding the ivory

One from the stock-file, this was taken on the day the ivory gull arrived, it looks much stronger now. Will it stay to January 1st?

Nipped out this morning to feed the ivory gull. The east pier has really been chewed up by the storm but one thing had not changed it still hosts a very hungry ivory gull. The bird flew around me, it's wings almost brushing my face whilst I unwrapped it's fish and then I left it in peace.

Checked Klarningen before home. It was predictably quiet, just nine whoopers and a kestrel. A big flock of 65 starlings though was a nice indication of the mild weather we are experiencing this winter. Over the top I looked for great grey shrikes on Älemossen, no joy but three jays flew by.

No comments:

Post a Comment