Navigation

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

aaaahhhh!

Sometimes I have to admit that my travelling lifestyle can get in the way of normal life and birding here in BK. I am not grumbling mind you, but two weeks in Crete beckons and Sweden is about to be deluged in late 'early' migrants and the weather is finally going to get warm. With all the hold-up this spring (I have still to record a chiffchaff or a wheatear!) I reckon there might be some isostatic adjustment when these migrants make landfall literally when they arrive en masse, further exacerbating sea-level rise. As they train pulled me south the news of the first pallid harrier of the spring appeared noisily on my phone, I switched it off and instead dragged my thoughts to the delights of spring migration in Crete...

No comments:

Post a Comment