Navigation

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

short seawatch

Busy enough today but not so busy that I could not squeeze in an hour-and-a-half watching the sea in a W7. This short watch netted a total of at least 110 gannets, a good score especially in recent times. Year-ticks came in the form of a single fulmar and a surprise great skua. Otherwise remarkably quiet with few things moving, the exception being red-throated divers (50+) which are massing in the bay ahead of their big push overland in the next few days.

Åkesson kindly sent me a text early on that a white-billed diver was heading south past Melbystrand into BK airspace but the school-run took priority sadly. I know where I will be tomorrow morning though, another attempt to get adamsii on my BK list beckons...

No comments:

Post a Comment