Navigation

Friday, May 15, 2009

Birding - 15/05/09

First wall brown of the year

Mrs B had a lie-in this morning, but after she was up and about, and bearing in mind the news from Kullen (at least four bluethroats...) I headed out to stagger around Ripagården. Not much evidence of a fall here sadly but plenty of new arrivals since my last visit with more common whitethroats in and reed warblers and thrush nightingales very noisy. A single sub-songing sedge warbler was presumably in transit. The bird of the morning was undoubtedly my first red-backed shrike of the year - a female. A single bugle overhead heralded the passage of eight cranes heading north - getting late for them now. I also went north a bit into Hovs Hallar hoping to dig out something for my troubles. Not much doing here but a bean goose tried to sneak north in a group of greylag - strange. Walking back spooked a grass snake that shot off at an unbelievable speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment